A Letter To Our Patients
Dear OSP Patients:
We hope you and your family are in good health during this difficult time. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as well as regulations from the state dental licensing board. We follow the activities of these agencies to remain current on any new rulings or guidance. We do this to ensure our infection control procedures adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will ask each patient to perform hand hygiene using either hand sanitizer or soap and water prior to entering the treatment room.
- You will observe our waiting room no longer offers magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- To reflect social distancing directives, patients will now wait for their appointment in their personal vehicle rather than in the office waiting room.
- We have modified our schedule to reduce the number of patients inside the office at one time. This will not only reflect social distancing, but also allow for optimal infection control.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at office number 508-244-4444.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Your team at OSP